tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Villar <john.vil...@florhard.com>
Subject Re: Renaming the ROOT directory ?
Date Sat, 18 Sep 2004 15:42:36 GMT

>      <Host name="edbg.fr" debug = "0" appBase="webapps/eros"
>            unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">
>
>            <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
>                    directory="logs"  prefix="eros-" suffix=".log" />
>
>            <Context path = ""  docBase = "edbg.war" debug = "0"
>                     override = "true"  reloadable="true"
>                     useNaming = "false" swallowOutput = "true" >
>            </Context>

Try the following (i'm basing my comments from my tomcat distro, 5.0.27
probably has the same functionality):

There should be a directory in your conf dir called "Catalina", inside
there should be directory for every virtual host (i.e. "edbg.fr"), and
inside the host dir there should be a XML file for every context (i.e.
"edbg"). I have autodeployed wars and they do not include the ".war"
extension on the context docBase, it just includes everything before the
dot. I don't have any context definitions in my server.xml file thanks
to this layout. You should end with 1 XML file named ROOT.xml in every
virtual host directory with contents like this:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<Context  docBase="edbg" path="" debug = "0" override = "true"
                reloadable="true" useNaming = "false" swallowOutput =
"true">
</Context>

that should do the trick, if you write those three files, be sure to
delete your context definition from server.xml