tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Garret Wilson <gar...@globalmentor.com>
Subject Re: jstl:import---static information?
Date Sat, 18 Sep 2004 15:27:23 GMT
Garret Wilson wrote:
> Shouldn't the imported information be merged into the JSF component
> tree, rather than just spitting out the JSF tags (and all other tags) as
> if they were serialized literally?

I've discovered several things. First, it appears you must have
something like this in your included file:

<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" prefix="jsf" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html" prefix="html" %>

Using standards-compliant JavaServer Faces-compatible stuff like
defining namespaces doesn't seem to work:

<jsf:verbatim
	xmlns:jstl="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core"
	xmlns:jsp="http://java.sun.com/JSP/Page"
	xmlns:jsf="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"
	xmlns:html="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html">

With the <%@ taglib>s, the information is correctly processed and folded
into the component tree instead of being included statically.

Secondly, don't create an entire HTML file in the included file. Even
though _Professional JavaServer Faces_ (page 189) shows an entire HTML
file in an included file, doing so will cause those elements to be
included in the original file---resulting in a duplicate <html> inside

(Sorry if this should have went to a JavaServer Faces list---I didn't
know if this was a Tomcat bug at first.)

Garret