tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Garret Wilson <gar...@globalmentor.com>
Subject jstl:import---static information?
Date Sat, 18 Sep 2004 05:34:57 GMT
According to the JSF and JSTL documentation (and two JSF books),
<jstl:import> should dynamically import information. I have:

<jsf:view>
	<jsf:subview id="navigation">
		<jstl:import url="navigation.jsp"/>
	</jsf:subview>
</jsf:view>

However, everything from navigation.jsp is included
literally---including all JSF tags and everything in the imported JSP.
This happens both on Tomcat 5.5.2 and 5.0.28, so I must be doing
something wrong---yet I'm using examples almost verbatim (pun not
intended) from _Core JavaServer Faces_ and _Mastering JavaServer Faces_.

Shouldn't the imported information be merged into the JSF component
tree, rather than just spitting out the JSF tags (and all other tags) as
if they were serialized literally?

Garret