tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Using custom CoyoteResponse(Facade)
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2004 16:22:18 GMT
A Valve is just like a Servlet Filter but tomcat specific. They are run early
enough in the request lifecycle that you can change different behaviors of
how things work. But a Valve also has access to tomcat's internals, something
servlet filters don't have.

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/config/valve.html

-Tim