tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Fred Stluka <f...@bristle.com>
Subject Re: Why does startup of Tomcat 5.0.28 server make tomcat-users.xml world-readable?...
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2004 17:51:05 GMT
Yoav,

I have created a Linux user specifically to run Tomcat.
That user is the owner of the entire Tomcat directory
tree, including the tomcat-users.xml file.  The Tomcat
server process is running as that user.  I agree that that
600 should be sufficient for Tomcat to read and write
the file.

No, I have not yet configured a security manager.
This is pretty much Tomcat 5.0.28 with minimal
configurations.

--Fred
 Fred Stluka -- mailto:fred@bristle.com -- http://bristle.com/~fred/
 Bristle Software, Inc -- http://bristle.com -- "Glad to be of service!"