tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat and Active Directory/LDAP (Multiple Domains) (LDAP Newbie)
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2004 17:24:17 GMT
I had to roll my own Realm loosely based on JNDIRealm. Working with Active
Directory, especially the way it was deploy, was so painful that regressed
most of the details.

I am guessing you have 4 different domains under and more generic domain. For
example:
ad.funkman.net
westcoast.ad.funkman.net
eastcoast.ad.funkman.net
europe.ad.funkman.net
asia.ad.funkman.net

All my userid's are unique on samaccount. So to authenticate, I ask
ad.funkman.net for the user. Of course - no one reside on ad.funkman.net os
it issues me a referal to one of the other domains. I follow the referral and
perform the authentication. I'd show some code - but can't. I'd have to
recommend google for more details on implementation.

-Tim