tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Elmar Haneke <el...@haneke.de>
Subject Re: How many connections can be made to Tomcat on Windows?
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2004 06:35:16 GMT
> Thanks for the calculations, but more exactly I want the server to
>  attend 1000 requests/second. I mean I don't want any of those
> requests to be rejected. It's probably the response time were
> several seconds, but with better hardware I could manage that.

Is it your intention to handle the (perhaps rare) case where 1000
requests are coming within the same second or are you planning to
manage 1000 Requests every second (60000 requests per minute)?

In the second case it won't help if each request remains active
several seconds - this would cause to have several thousand
connections open simultaneously - an very hard job for any kernel.

Elmar