tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Gentilin <johngapa...@gentilin.org>
Subject Re: Help, Tomcat 4.1.30, Linux Stops responding after 24-48 hours
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2004 21:29:50 GMT
The funny thing is there is no load on this server, maybe 100 hits/day
go to the web application
and maybe 10K hits/day to the Web server by itself.

Another piece of the puzzle is that when Tomcat stops handling requests;
 I try to stop
Tomcat with catalins.sh, it reports a success the first time, and no
socket on subsequent tries
as it should, but the process is still in my process list and needs to
be removed with a kill -9

After that if I run Tomcat again, without restarting anything else the
system runs just fine