tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jorge Sopena <jsop...@sidsa.es>
Subject Re: How many connections can be made to Tomcat on Windows?
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:04:18 GMT
Thanks Yoav,

I'll test my program with some of the programs you suggested and I'll
send the results.

I'm working in Pentium IV 2.4 with 512MB with W2000.
I've done tests when the 300 thread were created. Moreover, Tomcat shows
a message when you try to create a new thread for a new request and it
is in the upper limit set in the sever.xml.
But In this case the requests had to be every 20ms.

My goal is 1000 request per second, so concurrently there will quite a lot.
With my program I create 1000 threads and each thread sends a request,
so all of them aren't concurrently working, I suppose.

But anyway, do you know if I have to take into account any parameter in
tomcat configuration?

Thanks

Jorge
Shapira, Yoav wrote:

>Hi,
>For starters, use a standard benchmarking or profiling program so that
>others believe and can reproduce your results.  Programs like JMeter,
>ab, grinder, wget, are freely available and widely used for these sorts
>of tests.
>
>I don't know if Windows (you didn't mention what version you use) can
>handle 300 concurrent threads on your hardware (which you also didn't
>specify).
>
>Finally, note that servings 1000 requests per second is not the same as
>serving 1000 concurrent requests.   So you might want to be a bit more
>precise in your goals ;)
>
>Yoav Shapira
>Millennium Research Informatics

Jorge Sopena Torres
SIDSA
(Semiconductores Investigación y Diseño, S.A.)

Parque Tecnológico de Madrid
c/ Torres Quevedo, nº 1
28760 TRES CANTOS (Madrid) (SPAIN)

Phone : +34 91 803 5052