tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Gentilin <johngapa...@gentilin.org>
Subject Re: Xalan problem :(
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 22:38:28 GMT
Reza,

Can you move the Xalan.jar file from the endorsed directory to the lib
directory
in your Web Application. I am wondering if it is possible that SUN
repackaged
the Xalan code so that it could exist as in the JVM (rt.jar) and still
be included
as part of the class path. The endorsed directory just puts the jar in
the class path
before rt.jar (i.e. the boot classpath) so if some of the endorsed
restrictions were
lifted, leaving the jar file in the endorsed dir would work just as well
as putting it
in the real classpath.

Thanks
John G

Reza Ferrydiansyah wrote:

>Yep that did the trick.
>Downloaded the xalan. And put the xalan.jar file into that directory
>made it work
>
>Thanks.....
>
>On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 16:31:50 -0400, Shapira, Yoav <yoav.shapira@mpi.com> wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>As the release notes say, the first thing to try if you are
>>experimenting Xalan problems is to take the latest stable version of
>>Xalan and put it in the $CATALINA_HOME/common/endorsed directory.  Give
>>that a shot and let us know how it goes ;)
>>
>>Yoav Shapira
>>Millennium Research Informatics

and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged.  This e-mail