tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Secuity and patching tomcat
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 10:53:33 GMT
The last serious security issue was the Invoker servlet being enabled by
default. A new release was made and generally announced. No hot patches were
made, but in the case  - it was made known how to possibly mitigate the issue
if you could not upgrade.

 From a deployment point of view - it depends on how you do things.
Personally - I have a seperate filesystem with all of my webapps independent
of tomcat. Then I use manually place my Context declarations as needed. I
don't use the manager, or admin for deployment.

If I need to upgrade, I either create a new tomcat instance, or stop the
instance and replace the appropriate files. This depends on how much downtime
you allow.

-Tim