tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Roberto Cosenza <roberto.cose...@infoflexconnect.se>
Subject Re: Location of third party jar files.
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 07:23:22 GMT
Kyle A. Boyd wrote:

> Yes, it is in tomcat/webapps/MyServer/WEB-INF/lib/. If I move it to
> tomcat/common/lib/ and restart Tomcat everything works ok.
>
> Kyle

Kyle,
The right approach is to put web app specific jars in the WEB-INF/lib
directory.
Seldomly you need to put stuff in the commons/lib directory.
You probably have a corrupted jar file or you have bad permissions on
the WEB-INF/lib directory. Check that the user running Tomcat can access
the dir correctly.
/rob

--
Roberto Cosenza