tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Villar <john.vil...@florhard.com>
Subject Re: Help with Tomcat Install?
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2004 16:13:29 GMT
Yep, there isn't any default servlet definition, that's why you aren't
seeing the tomcat default page. Web.xml should have some <servlet> and
<servlet-mapping> definitions on it.... anyhow, you should add something
to ROOT/ and see if you can touch that file via
http://localhost:8080/somefile.someextension

Lash, David A (David) escribió:

>Thanks for the response. I do appear to have a ROOT/WEB-INF/web.xml file.
>It looks like the enclosed page. So that seems fine. Please let me know if you have any
other ideas.

>Thanks
>Dave lash
>
><?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
>
><!DOCTYPE web-app
>    PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN"
>    "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd">
>
><web-app>
>  <display-name>Welcome to Tomcat</display-name>
>  <description>
>     Welcome to Tomcat
>  </description>
></web-app>