tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Philippe Mathieu <philippe.math...@lifl.fr>
Subject Pool and Postgresql
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2004 21:07:19 GMT
I'm using Postgresql 7.4.x  and Tomcat 5.0 under Linux Debian.
In my application I'm using the Tomcat Connection Pool to access to a Postgresql
Database.
During the first access to the context I obtain in the context logger the
following message :

2004-09-07 22:23:25 JDBCRealm[/vide]: Exception opening database connection
java.sql.SQLException: ERROR:  SET AUTOCOMMIT TO OFF is no longer supported

    at org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.execute(QueryExecutor.java:131)
    at
org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Connection.ExecSQL(AbstractJdbc1Connection.java:482)
         at
org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Connection.ExecSQL(AbstractJdbc1Connection.java:461)
         at
org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Connection.setAutoCommit(AbstractJdbc1Connection.java:953)
         at org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm.open(JDBCRealm.java:600)

After that the application works correctly and it seems not to have any problem.

Does anyone knows how to avoid this message ?

--
Phil