tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bedrijven.nl" <maar...@bedrijven.nl>
Subject RE: Performance issue
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2004 08:30:51 GMT
First of all our production server is only serving our webapps. Nothing else
(only emailserver installed as well). The searchpage search in the DB. The
DB are also seperated of course. But we can leave out the db since the data
is stored in hashmaps and i use connection pooling too. It isnt the search
that give a problem, since searching is must faster in our production
environment. It's just reloading a jsp. That means a jsp page with some
dropdownlists. This is the same on production as development as well. When I
reload the page on the development server, it;s click and it's there. On the
productionserver he needs some time (max 1 second) to reload the page. It
seems it had to do something with cashing ore something???

Maarten

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Allistair Crossley [mailto:Allistair.Crossley@QAS.com]
Verzonden: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 9:27 AM
Aan: Tomcat Users List
Onderwerp: RE: Performance issue

by load i meant that the production server may be having its cpu/memory used
by other processes. are you saying that dev and prod servers are doing
nothing else but serving your webapp? if not you should list all the
differences, e.g what applications or software is each server running - are
there any differences? you can take a basic look at the cpu and memory usage
on both servers using the windows task manager.

what does your search page search for? does it search a database? does that
same database get searched by dev and prod?

ADC