tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hollerman Geralyn M <gmh2...@louisiana.edu>
Subject SocketException
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 19:07:01 GMT
I am getting this error in catalina.out:

Sep 1, 2004 12:41:43 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread runIt
SEVERE: Remote Host /xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx SocketException: Invalid argument

(this is the entire message)

I am running Tomcat 5.0.16, going against a MySQL 4.0.17 database; JDK 1.4.2_05
is used on this Solaris 5.8 system. Apache (2.0.50) is used in a sort of
uncommon way: all it does is redirect requests (using mod_rewrite), as there are
at least 2 domain names that can be used to get to the same place - Tomcat is
ultimately all that is used.

Since the application I'm running is for students and the fall semester has
recently begun, the load has increased significantly in the past few weeks. I
have a development system, and I never see this error on there; I have only seen
it on our production system, in the past few weeks, under the higher load. I
*suspect* that the error is caused by some user action, as in pressing the
"Back" button or repeatedly clicking somewhere - my suspicion is based on the
fact that several of us in my building have tried to produce this error but are
unable to, but then again, we know what to expect, what to do, and what not to
do when it comes to this application!

Has anyone seen this? Any ideas?

Thanks!

--