tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Gentilin <johngapa...@gentilin.org>
Subject Re: Help, URI mapping problem with JK2
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 17:38:41 GMT
Gerardo,

Thank you for the reply. With some trial and error testing, I found that
the %2f, an escaped "/", was causing
the problem. It is fairly easy to test, just append a %2f to ANY url
mapped using mod_jk2. I would expect
the %2f to either have no effect or a 500 error message from Tomcat, but
what you get is a 404 message
from Apache, mod_jk2 does not correctly catch the mapping. This does not
occur with any other %xx
character escaping, or at least not with the dozen or so that I tried.

I posted a more detailed message to the dev list, see:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-dev&m=109400068524057&w=2

Thanks again
John G