tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ralph Einfeldt" <ralph.einfe...@uptime-isc.de>
Subject RE: Howto deploy a new version of my webapp without disturbing the customer?
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2004 11:09:19 GMT

Just a guess:

- Use Apache + mod_jk(2) + 2 tomcat instances

- Use sticky sessions (look at the jvmRoute of
  the engine tag)

- Use the load factor to distribute 100% of the requests
  to the first instance.

- Update the second instance.

- Change the load factor to distribute 100% of the requests
  to the second instance.

- Wait after all session moved to the second instance
  update the first instance and reverse the

I haven't tried any of this but as far as I can remember I have
seen posts in this list that indicate that this should be possible.