tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Scott" <mike.sc...@Rightmove.co.uk>
Subject Upgrade to 5.0.27 Causes Performance Problems
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 11:51:20 GMT
Upgrading to Tomcat 5.0.27 on Solaris 8, from 3.3 (a big jump, I know),
and in live use we're seeing its CPU usage run away after a few minutes.
If I use prstat -L to look at the individual threads, it's java/2 that's
getting all the CPU time. If I then send the java process a SIGQUIT
signal to get it to dump a complete stack trace, I get output including
a line like "VM Thread" prio=5 tid=0x00126830 nid=0x2 runnable", which I
believe is the java/2 thread, but with no stack trace for that thread.

Does anyone have any ideas about what's going on, or any other
diagnostics to try?

--
Mike Scott