tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Honnavalli, Jyothi" <jyothi_honnava...@merck.com>
Subject How to get a handle to tomcat Mbean Server?
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2004 21:30:15 GMT
Hi All,

I was just learning 'bt Mbeans. To begin with, I was learning to use and
test the Mbeans that are already existing in tomcat so I get to know how
Mbeans work.  I have written my own Agent called UserManager to call the
Mbeans to list users (Tomcat Admin functionality : based on classes
ApplicationServlet, UserUtils and ListUserServlet of tomcat source). I'm
just not able to get a handle to the correct Mbean server. Can I get a
handle to tomcat mbean server at all if I have to use it else where?? I'm
getting the below exception. Kindly let me know how do I get a handle to the
Mbean server from outside the Admin Application. I've used the same
parameters as used by the Admin application classes.  I'm using tomcat
5.0.25. Please tell me how to get a reference / handle to the Mbean server.

 Application DUMP is okey  org.apache.webapp.admin.Application@affc70
(org.apache.commons.modeler.Re
gistry).
listUsers :  UserUtil.getUsersForm(mserver,databaseName);
listUsers has Server ===> mx4j.server.MBeanServerImpl@26d4f1
listUsers has databaseName ===>
Users:type=UserDatabase,database=UserDatabase
In MBeanServer mserver = mx4j.server.MBeanServerImpl@26d4f1
   The obj is Users:type=UserDatabase,database=UserDatabase

javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: MBeanServer cannot find MBean
with O
bjectName Users:type=UserDatabase,database=UserDatabase
        at
mx4j.server.MBeanServerImpl.findMBeanMetaData(MBeanServerImpl.java:52
8)
        at
mx4j.server.MBeanServerImpl.getAttribute(MBeanServerImpl.java:1235)
        at
org.apache.webapp.admin.users.UserUtil.getUsersForm(UserUtil.java:106
)
        at
org.apache.webapp.admin.users.UserManager.listUsers(UserManager.java:
198)
        at org.apache.webapp.admin.users.Jyo.main(Jyo.java:26)
List is Null
Press any key to continue . . .

Thanks,

Jyothi

Notice:  This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains information of Merck
& Co., Inc. (One Merck Drive, Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates
(which may be known outside the United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or
MSD and in Japan, as Banyu) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this message.
 If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please notify
us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete it from your system.