tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Lin <wool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WAP Gateway
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2004 13:46:41 GMT
it depends on which wap gateway it is.

the older wap gateways had a page limit, so the solution to that is to
break pages into smaller chunks. It's hard to tell if the problem you
see is related to that. back when i worked on WAP in 99, we figured
out that openwave's WAP gateway had a limit of 1.4K.

if the server tried to send a page that was greater than 1.4K, it
wouldn't get through. this was going to microbrowsers running
HDML/WML. I believe Nokia's WAP gateway had a similar limit back then.

an easy way to test is to send a page that is less than 1K through the
WAP gateway and see if it goes through. If that does, you can then
gradually increase the size and figure out what the limit it is.

hope that helps

peter