tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Lin <wool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How many connections can be made to Tomcat on Windows?
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:52:28 GMT
windows server shouldn't have any limit, though you can tune the
settings to allow for a higher number of concurrent connections. So
are you testing with a static html file or a simple image file like
png/gif/jpg.

if it's a real page, one thing I often do is measure the time it takes
to process the page. To insure all connections are accepted you're
choices are to increase the number of threads or the buffer.

that all depends on the memory of the system and the type of
application your testing. I can't really give any hard numbers, since
I don't know what kind of webpage you're testing. The other thing I do
when stress testing tomcat, is to set the heap to different sizes and
run a whole series of tests with increasing number of concurrent
requests and different page sizes. I hope that helps

peter