tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <bb...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: Re: unable to start the server
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2004 02:28:07 GMT

> Thank you for your suggestion. My operating system is windows 98. What i have sets so
far in my autoexec file are JAVA_HOME variable and class path(my installed directory\common\lib\servlet.jar).
After receiving your mail I set CATALINA_HOME=c:\my installed directory in my autoexec file
but I am receiving the same error message. Any further suggestion/advice is highly appreciated.
Bis
> From: Big Chiz <bigchiz@gmail.com>
> Date: 2004/09/19 Sun AM 06:34:55 EST
> To: Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: unable to start the server
>
> if ur in windows try setting your environment
> catalina_home=c:\your_tomcat-folder
>

> On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 22:21:53 -0400, bbisc@sympatico.ca
> <bbisc@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> > I have 'jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27-LE-jdk14'server. When i try to startup the server
i get an error message "Catlina_Home environmental variable is not defined correctly. This
environmental variable is needed to run this program".I have no idea how to fix this problem.
Is there anybody who can help in this matter.