tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Paul Le Fèvre <LeFe...@fonteny.org>
Subject Renaming the ROOT directory ?
Date Sat, 18 Sep 2004 09:38:53 GMT
I don't understand how to specify a default context.
I'm currently working with tomcat-5.0.27 and my server
is supporting 3 virtual hosts.

In the config file (server.xml) I declare a default context
with :
     <Context path = "" docBase = "my_app" ...

The directory 'my_app' is available in the 'webapps' directory.
Depending on the case it is directly copied or extracted from a
war file.
However when the application is deployed a 'ROOT' directory is automatically
created. Its content duplicates the one in 'my_app'.

When I update something in 'my_app' the copy in 'ROOT' is not synchronized
and the 2 directories become different.

The problem is that tomcat is actually serving the content of 'ROOT'
and not the 'my_app's one. As a result I've lost a lot of time trying to
figure out why my jspages did not take into account my modifications.

- Is there a way to get rid of the 'ROOT' directory.
- Is it possible to specify unambiguously the name of the default directory.