tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sebastien Moretti <Sebastien.More...@igs.cnrs-mrs.fr>
Subject Re: [DefaultContext in tomcat 5.5]
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 13:03:31 GMT
>>> Hi,
>>> It's pretty much gone in Tomcat 5.5, don't use it.
>>>
>>> Yoav
>>
>>What can I use instead of it ?
>>
>>I tried
>><Loader cookies="true" override="true" swallowOutput="true"
>>allowLinking="true"/>
>>in $CATALINA_HOME/conf/context.xml but some errors appear.
>
>What errors, out of curiosity?  The above element doesn't make any sense
>because the Loader doesn't support any of those attribute ;)  I'm
>guessing you meant Context and the above is just a typo?
>
>If you need JNDI resources (this includes DataSources) shared between
>contexts, use the GlobalNamingResources element.  If you need to set
>options for a given webapp, do so in an explicit Context tag (or
>context.xml file) for that webapp.
>
>Yoav

I could send you the errors if you want but I delete the
$CATALINA_HOME/logs/catalina.out file to get only the last tomcat daemon
start. I could restart tomcat with this element in
$CATALINA_HOME/conf/context.xml.

I think it would be better to set options for a given webapp.
Nevertheless, I don't know how to build this
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/APP/META-INF/context.xml file.

Is this syntax right ?
<Context cookies="true" override="true" swallowOutput="true"
allowLinking="true"/>

Thanks

--
Sebastien MORETTI