tomcat-users mailing list archives

From gfdgdf gdfgdf <francis17101...@yahoo.it>
Subject How to use a class loaded with a Custom ClassLoader
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 12:16:15 GMT
Hi all.
I have a web application with sensitive information inside a class. To protect it, I have
encrypted the class and written a custom classloader in order to load and decrypt it.
The class itself is "masked" with an interface which has a method which returns an instance
of the class.

The class is successfully loaded in the Context listener event:

 public void contextInitialized(ServletContextEvent event)
  {
      CustomLoader c = new CustomLoader(context.getClass().getClassLoader());
          Class clazz = c.loadClass("C:\\jakarta-tomcat-5.0.16\\temp\\","SecretClass",true);

The problem is, when the application tries to reference the SecretClass a ClassnotFoundException
is thrown.......
Why Tomcat cannot use the class I have loaded in memory before ?
What can I do to solve the problem ?
I'm using Tomcat 5.0.16 as container.

Hope somebody can help
Regards
Francesco

Scopri Mister Yahoo! -  il fantatorneo sul calcio di Yahoo! Sport'