tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Noah Davis" <n...@acadaca.com>
Subject RE: tomcat manager application problems
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2004 21:11:06 GMT
Thanks for your response. I upgraded tomcat to 5.0.28 and got the manager
app working using Ant, which is what I really wanted anyhow. I still had
some issues using the HTML version. I uploaded a WAR file successfully, but
when I ran the application, I got a 404 error, and this error appeared in
the log file:

----- Root Cause -----
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/beanutils/Converter
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:1610)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:98
7)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:862)

I'm happy enough with the ant version, but don't understand quite entirely
why it behaves differently if I use the HTML client.

-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 8:59 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: tomcat manager application problems

Hi,
We use the Manager webapp all the time (via its HTML interface, although
some people prefer the Ant tasks), without significant issues.

Of course, the usual advice of trying the latest stable version (5.0.28 at
this time) applies: specifically in this case, there have been numerous bug
fixes relevant to the stability and operation of the Manager webapp between
5.0.18 and 5.0.28.

The approach of running applications on separate Tomcat instances also
should never be discounted.  It has a high operational value, although of
course at an increased maintenance cost.  We do this for mission-critical
applications.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

sender.  Thank you.