tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Noah Davis" <n...@acadaca.com>
Subject tomcat manager application problems
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2004 20:53:04 GMT
I recently deployed the manager app for Tomcat/5.0.18 with the hope that I
could use it to deploy apps without taking down all the other applications
running on the server. However, I've had nothing but problems with the
tomcat manager. I've been using mostly the HTML version. Some problems have
included:

1. A redeployed application complains that it cannot find JSP files for
compilation.
2. During war file upload, a whitescreen appears without any error messages.

I'd like to give more detailed error messages, but since the problems seem
to differ each time, I thought I'd inquire as to what others' experiences
have been. Is the manager app reliable? Should I be investigating running
separate instances of tomcat for all my applications, or is there some
configuration settings I need to be checking?

Thanks,

Noah