tomcat-users mailing list archives

From nyhgan <nyh...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: TOMCAT_OPT questions (-Xms, -Xmx)
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2004 06:55:31 GMT
thanks everyone for the answers!

I will try a profiling tool later..  Thanks!

Reynir_r_Hbner <reynir@hugsmidjan.is> wrote:Hi,

nyhgan wrote:

> 1. I see a lot of java process running on my machine when I do a 'ps' to show the process
list. So how many JVM are actually started by the tomcat instance?

This is not showing you serveral instances of JVM but the threads with in one JVM.

> 2. What is the best -Xms and -Xmx value to use for a site that has about 200-300 concurrent
users?

The only good way to determine how much memory is needed for a site, is by profiling and testing.
Sorry, but every applications memory need are different. It dependes alot on how you have
implemented your site and it dependes on how much
data is kept in the session (for each user).

hope it helps
-reynir