tomcat-users mailing list archives

From nyhgan <nyh...@yahoo.com>
Subject TOMCAT_OPT questions (-Xms, -Xmx)
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2004 22:05:04 GMT

Hello tomcat  experts,

1. I see a lot of java process running on my machine when I do a 'ps' to show the process
list. So how many JVM are actually started by the tomcat instance?

If there are more than one JVM, and each JVM uses the min/max I specified in the TOMCAT_OPTS,
I think my RAM will quickly used up by the tomcat?

2. What is the best -Xms and -Xmx value to use for a site that has about 200-300 concurrent
users?

Thanks!

nyhgan