tomcat-users mailing list archives

From helena rato <helenar...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 5.5.0 - Child name is not unique error
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2004 15:50:37 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for looking into this matter.

I have repeated the exact same process, creating a 'lololo' web app the same way I did create
'blabli' , and I get the same error (Child name 'lololo' is not unique).

I am 100% sure that I don't have 2 web apps with the same path. The error comes when I add
a 'context' tag in server.xml (in my case I'm just trying to add a logger), as explained in
my previous mail.

Also, I did try doing the exact same with tomcat 5.0.12: it works fine (no error and the logger
is created).

Bye

Helena

"Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com> wrote:

Hi,
There's nothing strange about this error: you can't have two webapps
wieh the same path. You couldn't in Tomcat 4.x or 5.0.x, and you can't
in 5.5.x. ;)

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

$CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml.

>The code added to $CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml is:
>
> > debug="5" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">
> > prefix="localhost_blabli_log." suffix=".txt"
> timestamp="true"/>
>

>I re-start tomcat.
>
>And I get a strange error!
>
>The error in catalina.out is:
>
>[GC 3771K->3357K(5044K), 0.0031900 secs]
>Sep 7, 2004 10:51:21 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig
>deployDirectory
>SEVERE: Error deploying web application directory blabli
>java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: addChild: Child name '/blabli' is
not
>unique
> at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.j
ava:
>749)
> at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)
>

>Thank-you in advance for any clue!
>
>Helena

>Yahoo! Mail is new and improved - Check it out!

contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged. This e-mail is intended
disclosed or used by anyone else. If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately
delete this e-mail from your computer system and notify the sender. Thank you.