tomcat-users mailing list archives

From QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>
Subject Re: missing resource bundle shouldn't be
Date Mon, 06 Sep 2004 21:43:58 GMT
On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 01:45:27PM -0700, Garret Wilson wrote:
: >Different class loader. The JSP's are running in a class-loader with the
: >application, while the common/lib jars are in a different class-loader
: >where
: >the WEB-INF/classes are not part of the search path.
:
: Then what's the solution? I've tried moving the jar from common/lib to
: WEB-INF/lib, but that didn't help. Unjarring the files into
: WEB-INF/classes didn't work, either.

When you say "the jar," you mean "the jar containing my servlet
classes," correct?  That should work.  You restarted Tomcat after this
change, right?  You could also clear the work/ dir to be certain.

-and if I may ask, why'd you put the servlet classes in common/lib?

: How can I programmatically reference the appropriate classloader from
: within my servlet so that I can access property files in
: WEB-INF/classes?

You don't. =) That would, in some sense, defeat the purpose of having
each webapp live in its own classloader.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com