tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Дмитрий Андриевский <dim...@teztour.com>
Subject How to use ONLY cookie for session management?
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 15:32:09 GMT
Hello tomcat-user,

  I use Tomcat 5.0.

  Please, explain me how to use ONLY cookie for session management?
  I need to make tomcat NOT to rewrite url (by adding
  ';JSESSIONID=[...]') when it thinks it can not get session from
  cookie.

  For non-administrative area of site I almost never need session.
  And I need to make addresses of pages permanent...

  The reason is that search engines sometimes require site pages to be
  unchanged between their visits to site. But their robots cant manage
  cookies, so when they try to index (to verify indexing) site second
  time (say, after week), they found that pages are different from
  saved and remove the site from DB.

--
Best regards,
 Дмитрий                          mailto:dimmik@teztour.com