tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Filip Hanik - Dev" <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: session replication slow/problems in 5.0.28
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2004 16:51:59 GMT
I believe the timeout is related to NIO hickups, and there were plenty in the Sun implementation.
See if you can get 1.4.2 working and if the error still occurs.

FIlip

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joachim Martin" <jmartin@hbs.edu>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 11:06 AM
Subject: Re: session replication slow/problems in 5.0.28

Hi Filip,

SunOS 5.6 (from uname -a; not sure what that corresponds to)

java version "1.4.0"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.0-b92)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.0-b92, mixed mode)

I didn't realize I was using 1.4.0- I also have 1.4.2_04 available, and
tried it
quickly, but I got an unsatisfied link error on librt.so.1 (strange).

I added a simple page to the /jsp-examples/ webapp, it just puts an Integer
in session and increments on each request.  I take down servers and make
sure that the hitcount keeps on going up.  Works great except for the
timeout.

Thanks --Joachim