tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Wall" <d.w...@computer.org>
Subject Re: How to use ONLY cookie for session management?
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 16:50:40 GMT
> The Servlet Container must obey the Servlet Specification as far as
session tracking mechanisms are concerned.  So you can't turn this off.

> You can build a custom version of Tomcat that doesn't do URL rewriting if
you'd like.  But I'm guessing you're not going to like this option ;)

Doesn't that URL rewriting require the use of response.encodeURL().  If I
don't include it around A-HREFs I don't get such session ids inserted.  And
if you have pages that don't need session tracking, you can turn it off on a
page-by-page basis.

David