tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Philippe Lonchampt" <philippeloncha...@free.fr>
Subject basic authentification with IIS (tomcat 5.x)
Date Mon, 06 Sep 2004 19:20:42 GMT
Hello all,

I don't understand how to use the tomcat 5.x basic authentification with IIS (ajp13) : it
works when using tomcat alone, but with IIS the answer is always "401.1 Not authorized". It
seems like IIS don't let Tomcat manage the authentification ? I've read somewhere in this
list that it has to do with the ajp.jar library, but I don't understand what to do with it,
the topic is not clear for me.

I have done all the tomcat conf in the right way (web.xml, server.xml and tomcat-users.xml)
since it works with tomcat alone.

Thanks in advance.

Philippe