tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Filip Hanik - Dev" <>
Subject Re: cluster FarmWarDeployer
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2004 20:59:11 GMT
yes, all servers should have the deployer element.
the only difference would be "watchEnabled" would only be true for the admin server.

also, never seen that error, but I will investigate, feel free to open an item in bugzilla

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob van Oostrum" <>
To: <>
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2004 3:51 PM
Subject: cluster FarmWarDeployer

I have a Deployer set up like so:

            <Deployer className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.deploy.FarmWarDeployer"
                      watchEnabled="true" />

There's 2 other nodes in the cluster. The server.xml for those 2 doesn't contain this element
(should it?).

When I drop a war-file (enroll.war) into the watch directory, it gets picked up and deployed
to that node, but the following error
shows up in catalina.out and there's no deployment to the other 2 nodes (and nothing in their

INFO: Installing web application at context path /enroll from URL file:/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.27/webapps/enroll.war
Sep 17, 2004 2:08:55 PM org.apache.catalina.cluster.deploy.FarmWarDeployer fileModified
SEVERE: Unable to install WAR file
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Context path /enroll must match the directory or WAR file
name: enroll.war
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.install(
        at org.apache.catalina.cluster.deploy.FarmWarDeployer.install(
        at org.apache.catalina.cluster.deploy.FarmWarDeployer.fileModified(
Sep 17, 2004 2:08:59 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer install
INFO: Installing web application at context path /enroll from URL file:/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.27/webapps/enroll

Creating ClusterManager for context /enroll using class org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager
*** END

I tried searching the web and the archives for this list but no luck finding anything informative.
How should this be setup? My 3
instances run on 3 different machines. The cluster itself seems to run fine (I get member
added/disappeared log messages and no

All this is running on Red Hat Enterprise / JDK 1.4.2_03-b02 / Tomcat 5.0.27

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message