tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Avinash R S" <avinash...@mindtree.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tomcat/logging/Logger
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 09:29:11 GMT
Hi,

 One of the main reasons for getting NotClassDefFoundError is tomcat is
encountering two different versions of Logger class.

Looks like you have two different versions of Log4j library in Tomcat(Search
and Verify all the Log4J library files in Tomcat and Webapps).

Do not hesitate to contact me back for any clarification.

Regards,
Avinash R S

----- Original Message -----
From: <missioncoder@hotmail.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 11:33 PM
Subject: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tomcat/logging/Logger

Configuration: Solaris 9, Apache 1.3, Tomcat 5.0.7, JSDK 1.4Hello All,I
recently upgraded from Tomcat 4.0.1 to 5.2.7 and things have gone pretty
smooth, except when I attempt to load a jsp page I get the following error.
I have looked all over for a reference to
"org/apache/tomcat/logging/Logger", but I cannot find it, (server.xml,
web.xmlcatalina.sh, startup.sh)  Any Suggestions??Thanks in
advance...javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet.init() for servlet jsp
threw exception
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117
)
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:799)
ction(Http11Protocol.java:705)
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577)
a:683)
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

root cause

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tomcat/logging/Logger
org.apache.jasper.Constants.message(Constants.java:244)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.init(JspServlet.java:265)
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117
)
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:799)
ction(Http11Protocol.java:705)
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577)
a:683)
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

DISCLAIMER:
This message (including attachment if any) is confidential and may be privileged. Before opening
attachments please check them for viruses and defects. MindTree Consulting Private Limited
(MindTree) will not be responsible for any viruses or defects or any forwarded attachments
emanating either from within MindTree or outside. If you have received this message by mistake
please notify the sender by return  e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized
use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.  Please note
that e-mails are susceptible to change and MindTree shall not be liable for any improper,
untimely or incomplete transmission.