tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Sudkamp <michael.suedk...@docware.de>
Subject ServletContextListener and HttpSessionActivationListener
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 08:47:06 GMT
Hello,

I try to correctly reinitialize my sessions after a session deserialization. For this I try
to use the ServletContextListener and the HttpSessionActivationListener. I use Tomcat 4.1.30.

>From testing I saw that during a startup (with a serialized session available) the sessionDidActivate()
method is called prior to the contextInitialized() method.

Does this make sense? Shouldn't I be sure that the context is fully available when sessionDidActivate()
is called. In this method I need some context attributes for correct reinitialization of my
session attributes but these context attributes are null at that time.

The servlet 2.3 spec IMO gives no info about the sequence. What is your opinion?

Michael