tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John Najarian" <>
Subject RE: A new problem!
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:45:59 GMT
Could you put an entry in the etc/hosts files.

-----Original Message-----
From: []
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2004 5:39 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: A new problem!

use http://<machinename>:8080

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: hoseinjany []
Verzonden: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 5:16 PM
Onderwerp: A new problem!

Dear all Readers

I have a new problem as follows:

I started Tomcat with JSDK and it is working great on the localhost as:
http://localhost:8080 <http://localhost:8080/>

But when I want to connect to it from other computers I cannot and receive
this error:

The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be
experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser

I should mention that I am using TCP/IP filtering on this server and I am
sure that the TCP port 8080 is signed as to be allowed coming in. I should
tell that I cannot telnet to the 8080 port of the server.

It might be the port problem as I cannot telnet to that port but there is no
other place to check that port to be open!

Please help.

Ali Hoseinjany

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: