tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John Najarian" <j-najar...@earthlink.net>
Subject RE: A new problem!
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:45:59 GMT
Could you put an entry in the etc/hosts files.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bedrijven.nl [mailto:maarten@bedrijven.nl]
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2004 5:39 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: A new problem!

use http://<machinename>:8080

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: hoseinjany [mailto:hoseinjany@itanetwork.org]
Verzonden: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 5:16 PM
Aan: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Onderwerp: A new problem!

Dear all Readers

I have a new problem as follows:

I started Tomcat with JSDK and it is working great on the localhost as:
http://localhost:8080 <http://localhost:8080/>

But when I want to connect to it from other computers I cannot and receive
this error:

The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be
experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser
settings.

I should mention that I am using TCP/IP filtering on this server and I am
sure that the TCP port 8080 is signed as to be allowed coming in. I should
tell that I cannot telnet to the 8080 port of the server.

It might be the port problem as I cannot telnet to that port but there is no
other place to check that port to be open!

Please help.

Thanks,

Ali Hoseinjany