tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Terry Orechia" <Torec...@comcast.net>
Subject IE6 and download problem using tomcat java servlet
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2004 13:29:56 GMT
I am having a problem downloading a jpeg file from a tomcat java servlet to Internet Explorer
6.0.  I have changed the file extension to "zzz" to force the download prompt.     If I restart
tomcat(version 4.1.x), the download works fine the first time.  The correct filename "video.zzz"
appears on the prompt and I can hit save and it will prompt me as ti where I want to save
the file.   However, after the first time I get a download prompt with an incorrect filename
(the filename is the http query request).  If I select "save",then  it does not prompt for
a location to save and I immediately get error "Internet explorer was not able to open the
requested site".     Is there something else that needs to be set in the http header?


Here is the piece of the java servlet that is issueing the download:

response.setContentType("APPLICATION/OCTET-STREAM");

response.setHeader("Content-Disposition", "Attachment;Filename=\"video"+videoid+".zzz\"");

String size=Integer.toString((int)file.length());

response.setHeader("Content-Length",Integer.toString((int)file.length()));


try {

    out = response.getWriter();

    // transfer the file byte-by-byte to the response object

    File fileToDownload = new File("c:\video.zzz");

    FileInputStream fileInputStream = newFileInputStream(fileToDownload);

    int i;

        while ((i=fileInputStream.read())!=-1)

        {

            out.write(i);

    }

    fileInputStream.close();

    out.close();

}catch(Exception e) // file IO errors

{

e.printStackTrace();

}



Thanks,

Terry

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message