tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Stör <mar...@frightanic.com>
Subject mod_jk cutting off request params?
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 22:05:07 GMT
Hi all,

I'm confronted with a very strange problem. I've "upgraded" from Tomcat
3.2.4 to 3.3.2 (we're conservativ over here ;-)). As a result my
Apache-Tomcat connection through mod_jk is broken. Ajp12 runs on 8007
and Coyote on 8080.

If I access my app through
http://myIP:8080/mycontext/myservlet?myparam=myvalue everything works
just fine. Apache does all the SSL and virtual host stuff. So, I used to
connect through https://mysubdomain.myhost/myservlet?myparam=myvalue.
After the upgrade, myparam's value is always null i.e. it somehow get
lost while in transit between Apache and Tomcat. The servlet itself is
okay.

I've checked Apache's access.log and I can confirm that it contains
entries for /myservlet?myparam=myvalue. mod_jk does indeed forward the
request (the servlet is invoked) but doesn't seem to pass on the request
parameters. Tomcat's access log doesn't show anything as it only logs
requests made through http://myIP:8080 (why?).

Any ideas? I'm at my wits end...

Regards,
Marcel