tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Eric Miller" <jemil...@uchicago.edu>
Subject How to configure logs in Tomcat 5.5?
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 16:46:24 GMT
I noticed in the change log that some changes have been made to the way
things are logged in Tomcat 5.5. I was using something like the following in
my server.xml previously. However, this no longer works.

directory="logs"
prefix="localhost_log."
suffix=".txt"
timestamp="true"/>

I'm wondering how to configure the new "commons-logging?" The default
server.xml doesn't seem to have anything in it for this. Is configuring this
no longer neccessary? Does it just log to catalina.out now or something?

Jon