tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Bryan" <dbr...@bondrewards.com>
Subject SSL for multiple domains and one application with Tomcat
Date Sat, 18 Sep 2004 00:00:41 GMT

I have an app currently running on stand alone Tomcat(with a Win2K OS).
Different 'user-experiences', (text and graphics) are served
depending on the different URL address which are used to reach the
site. What we want is to have SSL certificates to authenticate for
these different domain names.

What I've read in my research is that it is a limitation of SSL to
have multiple domain names authenticate with the same IP. So if that
is a limitation and we have to get a second IP to connect to the
server, how would we configure Tomcat for that?

Thanks,

Dave B