tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Philippe Lonchampt" <philippeloncha...@free.fr>
Subject Re: basic authentification with IIS (tomcat 5.x) [FOUND]
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2004 20:32:03 GMT
I've found : have to disable windows athentication in security in IIS.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Philippe Lonchampt" <philippelonchampt@free.fr>
To: <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, September 06, 2004 9:20 PM
Subject: basic authentification with IIS (tomcat 5.x)

Hello all,

I don't understand how to use the tomcat 5.x basic authentification with IIS
(ajp13) : it works when using tomcat alone, but with IIS the answer is
always "401.1 Not authorized". It seems like IIS don't let Tomcat manage the
authentification ? I've read somewhere in this list that it has to do with
the ajp.jar library, but I don't understand what to do with it, the topic is
not clear for me.

I have done all the tomcat conf in the right way (web.xml, server.xml and
tomcat-users.xml) since it works with tomcat alone.

Thanks in advance.

Philippe