tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brad Taylor" <>
Subject How do I make my servlet the welcome page
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 19:16:49 GMT
I am running tomcat 5.0.9.  I currently enter a url like
http://localhost:8080/myapp.  This causes a "redirect" page to be
briefly displayed followed by my servlet getting invoked and serving the
"real" page.  I would like to bypass this redirect, but can not seem to
get it to work.  I have tried changing my welcome-file-list to
and I have tried creating a servlet-mapping specifying index.html.

Content of ....\conf\Catalina\localhost\myapp.xml

<Context path="/myapp"

Index.html exists in the above directory

This is the essential contents of WEB-INF\web.xm in above directory

  <description>Myapp desc</description>
  Define myservlet

Contents of index.html

    <title>My page</title>