tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John Najarian" <j-najar...@earthlink.net>
Subject RE: RE: A little offbeat question
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 08:02:59 GMT
Thanks, the '-cp .' did it.  Something is definitely hosed up.
I haven't installed anything so I'm thinking it may be a virus
although I have scanned my PC with newest definitions.

I'm still going to look at the CLASSPATH env var.  Maybe I should
add '.' to the CLASSPATH variable.

-----Original Message-----
From: martin@naxos-software.de [mailto:martin@naxos-software.de]
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2004 12:40 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: RE: A little offbeat question

But the exception says "NoClassDefFoundError: HelloWorld/class". So
where does the /class come from?? In any case don't bother with
classpath environment, but (with the class in your current directory)
simply run 'java -cp . HelloWorld'. Would really surprise me if it
didn't work.

John Najarian <j-najarian@earthlink.net> schrieb am 16.09.2004,
09:32:18:
> That's what I did.  When I was first learning Java that 1 bit me.

C:\Perl\bin\;C:\j2sdk1.4.2_03\bin\;C:\j2sdkee1.3.1\bin\;%SystemRoot%\system3