tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John Najarian" <>
Subject A little offbeat question
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 07:00:52 GMT
I tried to run a program I thought would but it doesn't.

This is on a windows XP platform.

Everything compiled well but I get this error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: HelloWorld/class

So I went back and tried a no brainer 'HelloWorld'  This is the code.

 * The HelloWorld class implements an application that

 * displays "Hello World!" to the standard output.

public class HelloWorld {

        // Display "Hello World!"

        System.out.println("Hello World!");

It compiles but I get the same error.

I check my environment variables and mine are

JAVA_HOME c:\j2sdk1.4.2_03

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance