tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Souness <sou...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrading from Java 1.3 and Tomcat 4.0 to Java 1.4 and Tomcat 5.0.27
Date Sun, 15 Aug 2004 21:05:39 GMT
startup.bat didn't even get to starting Java, so I change the echo off
line to be echo on and redirected the output to a file to see how far it
was getting, like this:

  startup.bat > output.txt

The last information from output.txt is:

D:\Tomcat 5.0\bin>call "D:\Tomcat 5.0\bin\catalina.bat" start
The JAVA_HOME environment variable is not defined correctly
This environment variable is needed to run this program
NB: JAVA_HOME should point to a JDK not a JRE

Which makes a little sense, as I am trying to avoid having a full JDK.

Anyone else successfully running Tomcat 5 on Windows with just a JRE and
not a JDK (including tools.jar in common/lib for compiling JSPs).

--
Stephen Souness