tomcat-users mailing list archives

From gera...@computo-industrial.com.mx
Subject Tomcat stops serving pages
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 18:08:49 GMT

Hi,

I am testing a number of servlet links which work at first, but after some
time, selecting any one of them throws the following exception:

[JPivot] 11 ago 2004 23:30:42,926 ERROR [Session
34247B3CA927EBE9B1212D64A7B4BF00]
com.tonbeller.wcf.controller.RequestFilter#doFilter: Error handling
request
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Can't connect to X11 window server
using ':0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.
       atorg.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:254

No changes are made to the configuration of Tomcat before the problem
arises. I have verified this with 'find', to rule out any voluntary or
involuntary changes.  The server is still not in use and the links are
only ocassionally visited as a development demo. This is the only activity
it has.

When the error occurs, the rest of the system behaves normally, Tomcat is
still running and does not reject connections, only they all end as
explained. If I stop and restart it, the problem *goes away* and the loop
repeats.

My setup is:

OS - Fedora Core 2 (2.6.5-1.358)
Tomcat - jakarta-tomcat-4.1.30
JDK - j2sdk1.4.2_04

Any pointers on this will be greatly appreciated,
Thanks,

Gerardo Juarez